Detail :: Data Jembatan

Jembatan Jefferson Barracks



Panjang1.219,00 m
Bentang Terpanjang277,00 m
Kondisi UmumAktif
Jenis JembatanPelengkung Baja
Tanggal Selesai1992
Tanggal Peresmian1992
NegaraUnited States of America
Latitude (GPS)38.4874740000000000
Longitude (GPS)-90.2771720000000100

The Jefferson Barracks Bridge, often called the J.B. Bridge, is a pair of bridges that span the Mississippi River on the south side of St. Louis, Missouri. Both bridges are 909-foot (277 m) long steel arch bridges. The first bridge was built in 1983, the south bridge opened in 1992. A delay occurred during the construction of the second bridge when a crane dropped a section of it into the river and it had to be rebuilt.

They replaced the former steel truss bridge built in 1941 that originally carried U.S. Route 50. It carries traffic for Interstate 255 (part of the St. Louis beltway) and U.S. Route 50. Prior to the construction of the first bridge, river crossings in this area were made via the Davis Street Ferry in the Carondelet neighborhood of St. Louis.

The names comes from the nearby Jefferson Barracks National Cemetery, itself originally part of the large Jefferson Barracks military complex, established in 1826 and decommissioned in 1946.


Sumber :
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jefferson_Barracks_Bridge



Galeri Foto