Detail :: Data Jembatan

Jembatan Piedra (Zaragoza)

Panjang230,00 m
Lebar9,50 m
Bentang Terpanjang24,00 m
Kondisi UmumAktif
Jenis JembatanPelengkung
Tanggal Mulai1336
Tanggal Selesai1437
Tanggal Peresmian1437
Latitude (GPS)41.6572220000000000
Longitude (GPS)-0.8752779999999802

The Puente de Piedra (English: Stone Bridge) is a bridge across the river Ebro in ZaragozaSpain. The Puente de Piedra is also called the Bridge of Lions because four lions (symbols of the city) are placed on the pillars at each end of the bridge.


Beginning in the 12th century the citizens of Zaragoza tried to build a bridge across the Ebro. In 1401-1440, the Puente de Piedra was built under the direction of Gil de Menestral. The flood in 1643 destroyed two central bridge spans. The bridge then looked as it does in the painting "View of Zaragoza" by Juan Bautista Martínez del Mazo (1647).

In 1659 the bridge was reconstructed. Architect Felipe de Busignac restored two destroyed towers and expanded the bridge piers. In 1789, architect Agustín Sanz strengthened the Ebro's bank at the Monastery of St. Lazarus to prevent the risk of flooding of the bridge. The reconstruction of the bridge was of great economic importance for the development of the region and all the country.

Sumber :

Galeri Foto